Sunday 19 June 2011

Royal Ascot

Image001

We were lucky enough to be in the Royal Enclosure at Royal Ascot on Wednesday, so we avoided the rain and the improper behaviour of Ladies Day. Despite having no idea about racing I managed to win quite a few times, mostly on the advice of a lovely, funny man called John Francome who seemed to know a bit about it.  But the main thing I learned was to let my husband put the bets on and then me collect the winnings. So lots of money flowed from his wallet into my purse – how good is that! I was definitely up on the day. I also met some really interesting and fun people, especially a new friend Jayne who as well as being great fun gave me some really good advice about online retailing. And I won a bottle of pink Moet too, so quite a good day!

The dress code in the Royal Enclosure is very strict and we were invited by business associates of my husband so my outfit was suitably smart, Karen Millen coming up trumps as usual with a summery floral dress and matching stilettos,  and a lucky sage hat and handbag combo find at a local boutique setting it off.  Joanna’s Wardrobe supplied the lingerie and nylons as usual, and I was particularly pleased with the Ivory Roll-on Girdle from Kiss Me Deadly – it’s definitely one of my favourites at the moment.  I’m not sure if it’s good etiquette to tell you any more than that given that it was in the presence of Her Majesty.

Posted via email from Joanna's Blog on Posterous

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.